Best Dog Bones For Aggressive Chewers
Chewing is an instinct of dogs, especially puppies. Shoes, furniture, and other household items are often victims of their gnawing. Sometimes, it becomes a habit and, eventually, a behavioral concern. One way to correct it is to use safe chewable toys or bones. But, which is safe and which is sturdy enough for animal munching?
Below are some of the highly rated and best dog bones for aggressive chewers on Amazon. We give you our verdict, so you can decide what’s best for your furry friend/s.
You might like: Dog training tips for aggressive behaviour
1. Purina Busy Bone Dog Chew Dog Treats
Pros of the Purina Busy Bone Dog Chew Dog Treats
- Busy Bone Treats from Purina comes in original no artificial colors rawhide-free and real beef hide-rawhide varieties.
- These are also in different sizes (small, medium, large) and forms (rolls, twists, jerkies).
Cons of the Purina Busy Bone Dog Chew Dog Treats
- Some Amazon customer reviews claim that the large variety isn’t big enough to keep large dogs busy for more than five minutes.
- There have been reports of digestive issues like diarrhea and vomiting.
The reviews are divided. It’s best to go over the ingredients with your vet to see if your dog/s will digest them. There are dogs with sensitive stomachs, after all.
2. SmartBones Rawhide-Free Dog Chews
Pros of the SmartBones Rawhide-Free Dog Chews
- This SmartBones product formulation is rawhide-free, meaning it’s easy to digest and doesn’t cause blockage and swelling in the stomach.
- It has delicious flavor varieties for dogs: real chicken with vegetables and peanut butter.
Cons of the SmartBones Rawhide-Free Dog Chews
- Some Amazon reviews say their dogs experienced stomach issues after chewing on the product.
- The price point is a little expensive for a pack of three bones.
Many customer reviews appreciate the rawhide-free formulation. Still, do your research and vet consultation on the product before giving it to your dog/s.
3. Nylabone Healthy Edibles All-Natural Long Lasting Chew Treats
Pros of the Nylabone Healthy Edibles All-Natural Long Lasting Chew Treats
- The natural formulation makes this an easy to digest treat for dogs.
- These treats do not contain salt or artificial preservatives.
- Nylabone Healthy Edibles come in various forms (biscuits, chew bites, chew treats, chew treats wild, bully chews, broth bone) and sizes (petite or for up to 15 lbs and regular or for up to 25 lbs).
- There’s a good line up of flavors: roast beef, chicken, turkey and apple, bacon, peanut butter, turkey and sweet potato (for puppies), and lamb and apple (for puppies).
Cons of the Nylabone Healthy Edibles All-Natural Long Lasting Chew Treats
- There are Amazon reviews that claim these dog bone treats do not last long to small breeds and puppies.
The natural formulation is impressive. This product is a must-try after proper consultation with the vet.
The Food and Drug Administration highly encourages supervision when providing a dog with a bone treat. It is not a secret that there have been dogs who suffered digestion problems and other complications because of the unsupervised feeding and unsafe treats. On the same note, experts from them institution discourages giving dogs real bone treats, chicken bones. Real bones can damage a dog’s teeth, scratch its gums or tongue, and block the airway and digestive tract.